Wedding planning can be confusing and overwhelming for a first-time bride. It’s a tough job. Hope you find this Wedding Checklist helpful.
Months before the Wedding
- Choose a wedding date.
- Determine the overall theme, location, time of day, number of guests.
- Reserve the site for the ceremony.
- Reserve the site for the reception.
- Book the official for the ceremony. (Priest, Rabbi, Justice of the Peace, etc.)
- Determine colour scheme.
- Choose and purchase the bridal gown.
- Obtain a marriage license, and be sure passports and other documents are in order.
6 Months before the Wedding
- Book a caterer.
- Book a photographer.
- Choose and inform the wedding party.
- Buy attire for the wedding party.
- Book musicians or DJ.
- Book the videographer.
- Book a florist.
- Sign up for the bridal registry.
4 Months before the Wedding
- Reserve rental furniture and items.
- Book a decorator.
- Finalise the guest list.
- Order invitations.
- Plan the rehearsal dinner.
- Book a honeymoon suite.
- Set up accommodations for guests coming from out of town.
- Plan the honeymoon.
- Buy gifts for each other, the wedding party, and both sets of parents.
- Buy all shoes, lingerie, and accessories.
- Select wedding bands and purchase.
2 Months before the Wedding
- Order a wedding cake.
- Order decorations and party favours.
- Book the limousine for the wedding day.
- Address invitations and send them out.
- Select your ushers and a guest book attendant.
- Select a Master of Ceremonies.
- Mail out invitations to the bridal shower.
6 Weeks before the Wedding
- Keep a list of gifts received for thank you letters.
- Keep a list of RSVPs.
- Purchase a guest book, ring pillow, garter, toasting glasses, cake cutter, and other accessories for the wedding and the reception.
- Send invitations to the rehearsal dinner.
- Plan a luncheon for the bridesmaids.
- Get together the traditional wedding ensemble of something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.
2 Weeks before the Wedding
- Check with the caterer to make final decisions about the food and drinks.
- Make final arrangements with the official, MC, florist, cake decorator, photographer, videographer, decorator, and all others.
- Plan the itinerary for the wedding day.
- Have the final dress fittings for the bride and bridesmaids.
- Contact guests who haven‟t sent RSVPs to confirm.
- Collect wedding rings.
- Meet with the musicians or DJ to give them a list of your music choices.
- Make a seating chart and print seating cards.
- Pick up tickets for the honeymoon.
1 Week before the Wedding
- Meet with the caterer for final arrangements, and to present the final guest tally.
- Pack for the honeymoon.
- Make arrangements for the honeymoon, including having the gas turned off in your home, arranging for mail pickup, arranging a pet sitter or house sitter, etc.
- Bring all gifts.
- Meet with the wedding party and be sure everyone has their itinerary.
- Review seating with ushers.
Make sure the rings are in order.
- Double check marriage license and all permits.
- Wear your engagement ring on your right hand.
- Go through the itinerary one last time.